Saturday 16 May 2009

My Backlog, or Lackblog if you're Punny...

This blog is about something to which I share with none of my friends: running. This is therefore for all the people I don't know, a spot where I can be honest and share my thoughts about the simplest but most perfect thing in my life, a pair of green trainers and the open road.

I have started this so that I can learn more from other runners, but my life whether in running, working, in romance or in music - my other great passion, is always an entertaining ride so maybe I can provide some outlook for others. I am currently 20 years old, not a little boy at all really, I have been running for two years, recently my times have been tumbling down and I am aiming for a sub 40 min 10km by september (the 10km is my favourite race because I'm lazy). I am a student in Cardiff, a great city for running in, and have just joined les croupiers running club, I am also working towards running for the uni as from September. I play guitar and make music avidly, but this is unimportant.

After a recent athsma checkup with my GP I was told I drink more than three times the recommended alcohol units for a male adult, I also eat like a bear preparing for hibernation, running keeps me on the straight and narrow...ish.

My mission statement (if you will allow me to make such a bold statement) is to be honest about my life everyday, I will not just update on days my training goes well, but also on days when I go out and drink so much I end up in a pool of my own stomach lining having had my phone stolen by passers by (yes this has happened). I will log my running times, my moods, my aims, my ambitions and probably a fair few stories about people who annoy me... most people annoy me.

So far:

Bristol 10KM 2008: 56:12
Bath Half Marathon 2009: 1:47:00
Cardiff 10KM 2009: 49:01
Pensford Hill 10KM 2009: 46:12
Bristol 10KM 2009: 43:58
5KM PB: 20:24

Coming up:

Les Croups Cardiff 5KM
Llanelli 10km
Bristol Half Marathon
Cardiff Half Marathon

As you can see from my times I am DISTINCTLY AVERAGE at running, but maybe one day I'll be pushing 'satisfactory' or even upwards of mediocre. My dream is to not just run, but compete!

No comments:

Post a Comment